Address: YMCA Maidstone Pre School - Tovil
Job Description (and a brief statement about why your setting is such a great place to work): We are a very successful and busy pre school and are looking for a Deputy Manager to lead our fantastic team
• Responsible for supporting the Manager in the development and daily management of the pre-school. Help in providing a safe, caring, and stimulating environment for children of 2-4 years of age.
• To deputise for the Manager as needed working at a level and capacity that is needed for a community preschool
• To help line manage all practitioners and admin staff.
• To supervise and assist with the daily setting up of indoor and outdoor environments to provide for the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of the children attending the Pre-School.
• To work with and support colleagues to enhance children’s education and social development with special attention being paid to fostering positive behaviour.
• To build links and work in partnership with parents, carers and professionals to promote the wellbeing of all the children.
• To ensure that all equipment and resources are maintained, tidied away and stored safely at the end of the Pre-School day, and that the necessary preparation is carried out for the following day.
• To contribute to the development and progression of the preschool through continually and consistently monitoring the staff team
• To be flexible with working hours working term time only (38 weeks a year), but may need to come in out of hours if needed
Hours: Full Time
Hours Details: 30+ Hours a week, Term time
Desired Qualifications: • Minimum of NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent in Early Years and Childcare Development (higher level advantageous but not essential)
• Recent and relevant experience in a senior position within a pre-school or nursery with hands on experience in leading a team – minimum of 2 years.
• Experience to show strong management and leadership skills with attention to detail
• Good standard of general education together with GCSE maths and English to grade C minimum
• A broad understanding of the English language both spoken and written.
• Have knowledge and experience of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, security and confidentiality
• In depth working knowledge of the EYFS and other statutory and non-statutory framework.
• Knowledge and experience of I.T including tablets, word and excel as a minimum.
• As a small team fitting in and working well is a major point so a candidate that is a brilliant key player is important
• Experience in handling emotional situations and staff disciplinary procedures
• Good influencing skills to encourage children to interact with others and be socially responsible.
• First aid and food hygiene desired but not a requirement.
Amount £: Depending on experience £9.36 - £9.69 per hour
Contact Details: Vanessa Burns - Pre School Manager
Closing Date: 07/12/2018