Address: Kingswood Preschool Group, Kingswood & Broomfield Village Hall, Gravelly Bottom Road, Kingswood, Maidstone, Kent ME17 3PX
Job Description (and a brief statement about why your setting is such a great place to work): Job title: Pre-School Manager
Responsible to: Committee
Responsible for: Pre-school staff
Purpose of the job: To provide safe, high quality education and care for pre-school children. To fulfil legal and statutory requirements. To lead and manage staff on a day-to-day basis. To contribute to and to implement pre-school policies. To ensure that all statutory, legal and setting obligations are followed and met.
1. To take responsibility for drawing up long-term, medium-term and sessional curriculum plans which take in to account the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum for guidance, and to monitor the effectiveness of the setting’s curriculum. This may include working with other external professionals.
2. To be responsible for providing a high quality of education and learning, ensuring that staff are properly deployed and offer appropriate stimulation and support to the children attending the setting.
3. To take responsibility for ensuring that performance management systems are in place and followed e.g. induction, probation, supervision, team meetings, appraisals, objective setting etc.
4. To draw up and to supervise the daily programme of pre-school activities and events.
5. To be responsible for implementing systems of observation and record keeping so that children's progress and achievements are effectively and regularly assessed; to monitor the effectiveness of assessment procedures.
6. To organise the key person system and to effectively supervise staff on a daily basis; to be responsible for monitoring the quality of teaching; to participate in staff appraisals and to identify in-service training needs.
7. To ensure that the welfare and safety of children is promoted within the setting and that any child protection concerns are always appropriately acted upon immediately.
8. To ensure records are properly maintained and updated, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident book etc.
9. To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the pre-school and its curriculum, exchanging information about children's progress and encouraging parents' involvement.
10. To ensure that the pre-school is a safe environment for children, staff and others, that equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented at all times and fire drills are regularly practiced.
11. To liaise with the management committee, Ofsted services and other professionals as necessary and ensure that all legal and statutory requirements are implemented, and to provide re-ports as required.
12. To implement any recommendations made following regulatory inspections.
13. To contribute to and to implement all pre-school policies and procedures, e.g. register and signing out procedures, child protection, health and safety, confidentiality, food safety, setting hygiene etc.
14. To manage the pre-school petty cash system and to ensure that any systems for income col-lection or invoicing are followed.
15. To ensure that children attending the setting receive a balanced and healthy diet.
16. To attend any conferences, training events or meetings, as identified by the committee and to keep up-to-date with current good practice.
17. To ensure that accurate and up-to-date record keeping systems are in place e.g. children’s records of progress and any behavioural and development reports, any safeguarding issues, health and safety issues, notes taken at staff supervision meetings, details of targets set and of any performance concerns discussed.
18. To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Chair of the management committee, in accordance with the setting’s business plan/objectives.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the line manager.
1. Proven experience of working in a pre-school setting.
2. Level 3 early years education and childcare qualification or equivalent, and a commitment to obtaining a level 4 qualification.
3. Sound understanding of child development, and of children's needs.
4. Ability to plan and implement a pre-school curriculum, taking into account the SEN Code of Practice, child protection procedures and equal opportunities’ considerations.
5. Demonstrable and detailed knowledge of current legislation relevant to the early years.
6. Ability to work with parents and families to encourage their involvement.
7. Ability to effectively market the pre-school to maximise occupancy levels and fee income.
8. Ability to effectively lead and manage a team of adults, including conducting performance management processes e.g. induction, supervision meetings, appraisals and setting objectives.
9. Commitment to equal opportunities and an understanding of equality and diversity issues.
10. Ability to write clear reports.
Kingswood Preschool Group is committed to the safeguarding of all its children, staff and visitors. Safeguarding is a priority with arrangements in place to ensure children feel and are safe on our premises and during off site activities.
The preschool ensures safeguarding legislation and guidance are adhered to and taken into
account when developing and revisiting policies, procedures and associated arrangements.
Hours: Full Time
Hours Details: 30 hours per week
Desired Qualifications: 1. Experience of a parent-managed or parent-engaging pre-school.
2. Level 4 early years education and childcare qualification or equivalent.
3. SENCO and Child Protection are desirable, training can be provided.
Applicants will be subject to recruitment and selection procedures designed to emphasize the preschools commitment to the safeguarding of its children and staff. The procedures include questioning at interview stage, verification of appropriate qualification, acquiring references and necessary safety checks.
Amount £: £14,423- £15079 pa including Annual Leave Entitlement
Contact Details: Hayley Roberts
Closing Date: 22/04/2019