Address: Smarty Tots Nursery, 5 Millfield
Job Description (and a brief statement about why your setting is such a great place to work): At Smarty Tots Nursery, we pride ourselves on providing high quality care and education to children aged 3 months - 5 years. We are looking to recruit a Nursery Manager to lead and manage the staff team to ensure that all children attending the setting receive high quality care and kept safe and receive stimulating play experience which meet their individual needs and interests.
Main Purpose of the job:
• To ensure the setting continues to meet the safeguarding and welfare and learning and development requirements within the Early Years Foundation Stage, Ofsted and other legislative requirements.
• To monitor and evaluate practices policies and process that support children’s education, development and wellbeing.
• Lead on making collaborative links with other settings and agencies to build on the setting continuous development and improve outcomes for all children
• To keep abreast of all local and national changes that affect early years and cascade relevant information to staff team and owners.
• To role model and monitor high quality practices that will ensure the smooth day to day organisation and operation of the setting.
• To ensure that all management and business records are regularly updated and maintained
• To monitor the effectiveness of designated roles within the setting
• To build and main effective communication and positive relationship with staff, parents, carers, families, and relevant professionals , whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
• To be alert issues of safeguarding and child protection, ensuring that the welfare and safety of children attending the setting is promoted and to follow safeguarding procedures as detailed in the settings policy and as directed by the local safeguarding team.
• To ensure that health and safety procedures provide a safe environment that promotes the health and wellbeing of all children, staff families and visitors.
• To ensure that performance management systems are effective, including carrying out regular supervision meetings and annual appraisals with all staff supporting improvement to practice and continuous professional development.
• To maintain an accurate succession plan which demonstrates the commitment to supporting staff CPD and whole setting training requirements to ensure a high effective staff team.
• Keep up to date with research and good practice, to improve own knowledge and understanding and ensure effective practice within the setting
• To lead on liaise with the owners on effective business development, marketing and business administration.
• To follow the principles of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) working towards and promoting a setting that is socially inclusive environmentally responsible and economically conscientious regarding consumption of energy and resources
• To work in accordance with the company’s Equality and Diversity policy.
• To work with the company’s policies and procedures
• To ensure a culture of excellence in all the setting activities is supported by thorough reflection and self –evaluation and that the drive for continuous improvement promotes high level of achievement for all children
Hours: Full Time
Hours Details: 35 - 40 hours
Desired Qualifications: Early Years Qualification Level 3
At least 2 Years recent management experience.
Amount £: £23,000 to £24,000
Contact Details: 07868754086
Email: CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: 19/04/2019