Address: Nivan Lodge Pre-school Nursery
King Charles the Martyr Hall
Job Description (and a brief statement about why your setting is such a great place to work): Nivan Lodge is looking for the right person to join our friendly team caring for children between the ages of 2-5 years. The successful candidate will need a level 2/3 qualification and a good knowledge of the EYFS as you will be working as a key person and within a team of practitioners. We also require GCSE English.
We are looking for someone for three mornings a week with potential to increase mornings as child numbers increase. Two of the mornings will be Wednesday and Friday.
Hours: 8.30-12.15 or until suitably tidied away.
Nivan Lodge is a happy and popular 30 place pre-school which has been established for over 50 years providing high quality childcare in the 'village' and surrounding areas of Tunbridge Wells. We are open five mornings a week during term times from 9am-12 noon, providing a lunch club until 1p.m on some mornings.
We are a very friendly and supportive team offering help and guidance to new staff as they settle in and learn the ropes. We have an induction process to ease the process.
As a practitioner at Nivan Lodge we require you to:
• To help prepare and fully set out the room before the children arrive and after they leave. We are a pack away nursery and lifting and moving furniture is required.
• To help plan, provide and participate in all activities
• Listen to, encourage, stimulate and ensure the safe keeping of the children at all times
• Attend training courses as appropriate. Eg. Safeguarding and paediatric first aid
• Take part in special events and open days even if not on your allotted day
• Act as a keyperson to a group of children and their carers.
• Conduct regular observations building up confidential development records and a learning journey. We are using Tapestry.
• Work in close partnership with parents and outside agencies as required.
• Be aware of and implement the groups policies.
• Attend staff meetings
• Contribute to curriculum planning
• Have fun, enjoy your busy morning and therefore provide a fun and happy learning experience for all the children.
The Nivan Lodge nursery is committed to robust safeguarding practices and we recruit accordingly.
We require all staff to have a DBS check.
We require two references with one from your most recent employer.
Hours: Part Time
Hours Details: Immediate start preferable with hours from 8.30 - 12.15 or until suitably tidied away. Wednesday and Friday mornings as a minimum with the third morning to be arranged, probably Monday at the moment.
Desired Qualifications: A level 3 qualification is desired though a level 2 would be acceptable plus a good working knowledge of the EYFS. The successful candidate will work as a keyperson to a number of children using Tapestry to create development records.
Amount £: £9.25 p/h level 3. Plus statutory holiday pay. Effective pay £10.37
Contact Details: Brenda Palmer
Closing Date: 31/07/19