Address: Maidstone YMCA Pre-school, Loose
YMCA Sports & Community Centre,
Kent. ME15 6BD
Job Description (and a brief statement about why your setting is such a great place to work): Maidstone YMCA Pre-school in Loose is looking for a qualified Early Years Practitioner to join their professional and friendly staff team from September 2019. Uniquely Maidstone YMCA has a well run sessional Pre-School within the sports centre and staff have the benefit of free gym use and classes when not full. The preschool is purpose-built, has both an indoor and outdoor area, a woodland area and can use other areas of the centre when not in use. It operates in term time only. YMCA Pre-school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and has high expectations for all children's learning and development, which staff carry out using In the Moment Planning.
Job Purpose: To work alongside the whole staff team to provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment for children.
To work with colleagues to enhance children’s education and social development with special attention being paid to fostering positive behaviour
Duties and responsibilities
• Undertake daily Pre-school duties to ensure high standards of care and education are maintained.
• Adhere to the Pre-school policies and procedures to ensure that high standards are maintained within the Pre-school.
• Establish relationships with parents / carers of the children to ensure they are engaged in the child’s education and development.
• Contribute to partnership working with Pre-school staff to ensure that the children have access to appropriate activities to support their physical, emotional, social and intellectual development whilst being aware of families’ ethnic, cultural and linguistic development.
• Work in partnership with staff in providing a suitable curriculum that enables children to achieve their early learning goals.
• Contribute to the planning, observation and assessment procedures to ensure children’s progress is satisfactory.
• Use Tapestry learning journals for individual children, which enables effective storage and retrieval of information, which can be shared with parents and other professionals and agencies, being aware of the confidentiality of the information contained therein.
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety, security and confidentiality reporting all concerns to the Supervisor/Manager to ensure children’s wellbeing is supported.
The successful candidate must:
• Have a level 2 or 3 qualification in early years education or equivalent.
• Have sound understanding of the EYFS and child development.
• Have experience of being a key person for a group of children.
• Have understanding of Ofsted’s requirements and current legislation
• Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal to interact with parents and inspire children.
Hours: Part Time
Hours Details: Approximately 20 hours per week
Desired Qualifications: Have a level 2 or 3 qualification in early years education or equivalent.
Have a good standard of general education together with GCSE maths and English to grade C minimum
The post will require an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and is subject to references.
Amount £: 8.35-8.50
Contact Details: Anne Elliott, Manger
Closing Date: 23/07/19