Setting: Smarties Day Nursery, Maidstone
The Education People is owned by Kent County Council and is a one-stop shop for education services, to help you improve learning, wellbeing and children’s development. We support the full age range from early years to young adults, with over 800 products and services available specific to education needs always. Our people are here to support your people and ensure you receive a high quality product and get value for money.
Whilst this post is advertised via KCC your employment will be with The Education People.
The Education People are very proud to run three high-quality nurseries in Kent.
We have developed our nursery group with a family ethos, which we feel encompasses children, their families as well as our highly skilled and committed staff teams.
We are committed to maintaining the quality of our workforce and recognise the importance in investing in our staff’s professional development, wellbeing and career progression.
We are recruiting an Early Years Educator. Applicants needs to be fully qualified to level 3 in childcare. This post is all year-round working shifts between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday. The successful candidates will:
• Provide quality care, teaching and learning, to support the implementation of the Early Years foundation stage to the highest possible standards.
• Support children’s learning and development needs by providing stimulating and age appropriate play, learning and development opportunities in the setting and outdoors
• Be a key person to help ensure that every child’s care is tailored to meet their individual needs to help the child become familiar with the setting, offer a settled relationship for the child and build a relationship with the parents
• Be able to work within a team and have excellent communication skills
• Be fully aware of the relevant nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are reflected in practice
• Support children’s health and well-being to foster a culture of risk taking in a safe and secure environment
• Contribute and engage in the wider development of the nursery and take ownership of the integral part they play
• Be committed to continually improving their practice, by undertaking relevant training and keeping up to date with any changes in early years
The education people is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedure to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.
As part of the family group, these are some of the benefits you can expect to receive:
• High-quality regular professional development training to support and develop your skills
• Career progression opportunities across the nursery family
• Support from the highly qualifies and experienced team of Early Years and Childcare Advisers
• Dedicated team days with colleagues from across the family to network and develop strong pedagogies.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Starting salary £17,498 per annum | Permanent Full Time, 37 hours per week |
To view and download the job description and person specification for this role please click here.
For further information on this role please contact Stella Seidu on 01622 692374.
Closing date: 9th July 2019
Interview: 18th July 2019